Memberships & Cancellation Process
Membership Terms & Conditions for Bristol, Gloucester & Cardiff.
- No contracts, ie no 12 month tie in! Membership is simply a rolling monthly direct debit.
- 7 day cooling off period from joining.
- Thereafter, providing your first payment is successful, you may cancel at any time by simply cancelling the direct debit at your bank, prior to your payment collection date. By cancelling the direct debit, your membership is automatically cancelled. Cancellation is solely the member’s responsibility and Riverside cannot be held liable for any payment processed after you have cancelled at your bank.
- Please note if you cancel during month one, before your first direct debit payment, please notify us as a computer generated cancellation letter may go out. Please do not worry, this is easily cleared.
- Payment collection dates are typically one calendar month after the date you join. Your first month’s membership is taken immediately by credit or debit card payment.
- Advice can be given by the team at your local Riverside club, or by contacting the direct debit company, Harland’s Group, at email@example.com
- Alternatively you can freeze your membership. By freezing, you keep your membership running, and will not be subject to joining fees upon return up to a maximum of 3 months, If you choose to cancel, and then wish to re-join at a later date, joining fees and other charges are applicable. We do not freeze at Riverside Cardiff unless it’s a medical reason.
- Memberships and rates are reviewed annually.
- Upon joining a £25 admin fee (joining fee) is charged. This is a one-off payment which is also taken at the point of joining by credit or debit card along with your first month’s payment.
- Peak Membership – £37.99 – anytime access
- Off Peak Membership – £29.99 – Monday to Friday 6am – 4:30pm (Gloucester) 4:00pm (Bristol)
- Junior Membership – £14.99 – Off peak hours, need to be in the gym before 4:30, accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times. Must be out the pool by 7pm (Gloucester)
Welcome to your Riverside Sports & Leisure Club Membership. Please read the terms and conditions (The “terms”) below as they govern your membership.
All Riverside Gym members (“Members”), guests, and those visiting Riverside Sports in the UK (the “Club”) must comply with these Rules. These Rules are incorporated into a Member’s Contract with us, and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain the standards at the Club and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their Membership.
Your completion of the sign-up process constitutes your acceptance of these terms. Any person who does not comply with these rules may have their Membership terminated by Riverside Sports & Leisure Club.
CANCELLING /FREEZING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- By taking a membership at Riverside Sports, you agree to the below terms and conditions.
- A membership allows you access to Riverside Sports. You must confirm that you are at least 16 years old, and you have read, and will abide by, the Rules and Health Declaration. We reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time but will post updated Rules online and prominently at Branches.
- Riverside Spots offers no contract monthly memberships, annual memberships, and day passes.
- Memberships are taken and collected as a direct debit through a 3rd party payment collection provider – Harlands.
- You have the right to cancel your membership without reason. If you cancel within 14 days of joining, we will issue you a full refund. Please contact your branch to request the refund.
- Payment collection dates are typically one calendar month after the date you join.
- We reserve the right to add or remove offers whenever we need to. Joining fees will be charged as standard if there is not offer in place. Promo codes can be used to access ‘offer’ memberships and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Memberships are non-refundable. Annual Memberships are non-refundable. Day passes are non-refundable.
- We may be required to increase your membership fee. We provide one month’s written notice before any changes come into effect.
- During the notice period, you will, as normal, have the right to cancel your membership if you should wish. If you do not cancel, then the new price will come into effect on the date stated.
ACCESS CODE/PIN CODE
- You may freeze your memberships free of charge for up to 3 months. You can only freeze your membership once within a 6-month period. Please fill out a request form, found on our website under “Membership Enquiry”.
- To cancel memberships please stop your direct debit at your bank or through online baking.
- If you are wanting to cancel within your first month, please contact your local club so they are able to cancel down the direct debit. This must be done at least 5 working days before the direct debit is due out.
- Identification may be asked for on your first visit to Riverside.
- Each Member must come to reception to gain a membership card for entry. Photo recognition will be needed via reception.
- A Member must scan their card on arrival to the club.
- Where Riverside Sports terminates a member’s membership, this will make the Member ineligible for membership at this club.
USE OF FACILITIES
- Opening times for a Club will be prominently displayed at the Club.
- The Contract formed will be between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms.
- You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Club premises.
- We reserve the right to show potential Members and other individuals the facilities of the gym.
- By accepting our Terms and Conditions, you accept that you are fit and well enough to exercise safely within Riverside Sports. Please make the club aware of any medical conditions that may affect your ability to exercise, and consult a doctor before exercising should you have and outstanding concerns/ailments or illness.
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising. Sliders are not accepted as forms of suitable footwear.
- We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with several select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations.
- You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five minutes prior to any personal training, classes or induction appointments.
- You may not use the gymnasium while under the influence of drug or medication.
- Please conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful to other members and to the facility on offer. Do not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor behave in a threatening manner. Do not molest, or harass, other Members, guests, visitors, or Members of staff.
- We may terminate your Riverside Sports Membership if you are in breach of the above.
- If you feel the need to complain, please speak to a member of staff at the gym, or email the Riverside Sports customer service contact email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the club including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
- No photos or videos are allowed in the changing rooms or toilets.
- Do not take bags onto the gym floor, kindly store them away in a locker
- Lockers provided are lockable, via key, operated by token £1 coin.
- Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries, and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the gym.
- If there is a suspicion that prohibited items are being stored in the lockers then we withhold the right to access the locker whenever required.
- Your belongings, so removed, will be available for collection from the Club’s Reception for a period of thirty days.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Our car park may only be used by Members, guests, and visitors while they are using the gym. Car parking is free for members. Please do not use the car park for any other reason than to use the gym.
- No unauthorised parking is permitted on Club premises. Please Park within the lines provided and avoid damaging nearby cars.
Health Commitment Declaration
- You must use the main entrance to the Club when entering or leaving the gym. All fire doors are alarmed.
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
- You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms in the Club and comply with their recommendations.
- You must follow any guidelines laid down by Riverside Sports in relation to Covid-19.
You warrant, declare and acknowledge that:
The information given by you in entering this agreement is correct and will be relied upon by us.
Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically trained and should you have any concerns with your health and fitness you should seek independent medical advice before engaging in any physical activity on our premises.
To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, well being or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us immediately should your health or vulnerability to injury change.
You have read and understood this agreement and all of its the Terms and Conditions before accepting them below.
This agreement will become binding upon both parties once you have checked the acceptance of terms and conditions box and your membership is activated.
You are primarily responsible for your health and wellbeing, but we at Riverside are concerned that you enjoy our facilities safely. To that end we consider that we should expect the following of each other.
Your pledge to us:
1. The information given by you in entering this agreement is correct and accurate and can be relied upon by us.
2. You should never exercise beyond your capabilities. You must inform a member of staff on your first visit if you have a medical condition that may interfere with your exercise regime.
3. You should notify a member of staff of any new medical conditions before you commence any exercise.
4. You agree you have never been informed of any pre-existing heart conditions or blood pressure related issues.
5. You will inform a member of staff should you start to feel unwell during exercise.
6. You will seek advice from a member of staff if you are unsure about using any of our equipment provided on site.
7. You will respect the equipment that you use on site, and behave in an appropriate manner at all times when using our facilities.
8. You opt out of your complimentary gym induction unless you actively choose to book one.
Our Pledge to you:
1. We shall endeavour to maintain a safe environment for you to exercise in at all times.
2. We shall at all time keep confidential information that may have been provided to us by you regarding any health conditions we need to be aware of.
3. We shall endeavour to ensure that a number of our staff on duty are trained to deliver First Aid treatment if required.
4. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure our team have the relevant Fitness industry qualifications.
5. If you inform us you have a medical disability that puts you at a disadvantage, we will ensure we induct you into the facility you join to ensure your safe use of the equipment and provide information on the evacuation process.
6. We respect your decisions, and allow you to make your own decision on your exercise regime however we reserve the right to ask you not to exercise beyond your capability.