All members are asked to adhere to the following rules as a courtesy to other users and to maintain our high standards. Riverside Leisure Club reserves the right to exclude anyone who repeatedly breaks these rules. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please treat Riverside staff and other gym users politely and with respect.
- During busy periods you may have to share equipment with other members. Please do not hog machines when other people are waiting to use them.
- Mobile phone calls are not allowed in the gym.
- Please wear appropriate clothing
- Bags and coats should not be brought into the gym. This is for health and safety reasons. Please store them in a locker.
- No big groups.
- No foul language.
- Please treat the equipment with respect. Do not drop dumb bells, bars or plates on the floor.
- Please tidy away any equipment you’ve used when you are finished – always put the free weights back on the racks after use.
- Any faults that you discover should be reported to a member of staff immediately.
- Always wipe down equipment after use. Used tissues must be placed in the bins provided.
- If you have not used a gym before and would like to book and induction to see how the cardio equipment and weighted machines wok, please select a timeslot on membr. Inductions are not compulsory & you just need to sign a waiver at reception. Please not that an induction is not a workout programme, for this you would need to contact a personal trainer, we have details for these at reception.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn at all times, eg. t-shirt, tracksuit, shorts. Jeans are not permitted.
- Footwear must also be appropriate for physical activity. Clean training shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals are not permitted.
Food & Drink
- Water bottles or sports drink bottles are the only liquid containers allowed in the gym. Cups, glass bottles or cans are not permitted.
- Chewing gum or eating food in the gym is not permitted.
Swimming Pool & Spa
- Strictly no photographic equipment permitted including camera phones, videos and digital cameras.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Please turn the poolside showers off after use.
- The swimming lane is strictly adults only (16yrs+).
- Children should have adult supervision and good behaviour should be maintained in the swimming pool and changing rooms at all times.
- South Gloucestershire Council recommend that supervision must be 1 adult to 2 children under 12 years of age.
- No running, diving or jumping.
- No flippers, masks or snorkels.
- Please do not interfere with, sit on, or play on the lane rope.
- During swimming lessons, please keep the area near the pool window and the café as clear as possible in consideration of members using the gym and changing rooms.
- All swimmers must enter and exit the pool area via the changing rooms.
- The spa, sauna and steam room are strictly adults only (16yrs+).
- Please shower before entering the sauna and steam room, and also when moving between the pool, sauna and steam room.
- Recommended time to stay in sauna or steam room is 15 minutes.
- It is recommended that water is consumed when using the sauna and steam room.
- No shaving or exfoliating in steam room or sauna.
- Please ensure sauna and steam room doors are closed when in use.